Speech and Audio CODECs Optimization
Porting and Optimization of Speech and Audio CODECs for a Tier-1 OEM
A leading North American Tier-1 semiconductor manufacturer that develops cutting-edge solutions for the global communications industry wanted to optimize the performance of a variety of Audio and Speech CODECs on its target hardware platform. These CODECs were part of the media gateway system and had to be developed, tested and deployed under stringent budget requirements. In addition to achieving performance optimization in the MIPS and memory, the customer wanted algorithmic optimization in C and Assembly.
Aricent worked closely with the customer to address these challenges. Its dedicated team of experienced consultants and engineers was able to create an optimal, timely and cost-effective solution, which included the following key components:
- Setting-up of a dedicated offshore development center for continuous development and improvement
- Setting up dedicated laboratory infrastructure to monitor and benchmark real-time performance and quality
- Dynamically scaling the resources as per customer requirements
- Integration and optimization of several Speech and Audio CODECs including G.728, iLBC, MSRT Audio, G.729.1, G.711.1, GSM-HR/EFR, GSM-AMR-NB , GSM-AMR-WB, QCELP13K on the target platform
- Aricent's complete ownership from testing to performance optimization in MIPS/Memory and Algorithmic Optimization to the delivery and integration of the CODECs into the target platform
Aricent helped develop a high quality product that exceeded the mandated performance requirements. Aricent's combination of deep technology and domain expertise and the use of mature best practices enabled the customer deploy a high performance and cost-effective product and reduced time-to-market considerably.
Pleased with Aricent's exceptional quality of work, and its ability to deliver beyond expectations, the customer chose Aricent to be its primary vendor.