UMTS NodeB PHY Validation
Performance Validation of UMTS NodeB PHY Silicon Solution for a Tier-1 Silicon Manufacturer
A leading Tier-1 semiconductor manufacturer based in North America wanted to validate the design and processing capabilities of its newly designed UMTS/HSPA NodeB platform solution. In addition to achieving key performance targets for MIPS, memory and processing cycle's utilization, the customer wanted to prototype and validate the solution for:
- 3GPP-specifiedperformance conditions with channel impairments on the new platform
- All signal processing intensive receiver algorithms.
Aricent worked closely with the customer to address these challenges. A team of consultants and engineers with deep expertise in the required technologies was able to co-create an optimal and cost-effective solution ahead of schedule. Key components of the solution included:
- Integration of Aricent's UMTS/HSPA NodeB PHY framework with thecustomer's target platform
- Testing for key performance indicators like MIPS, memory and processing cycle's utilization in maximum throughput conditions
- Demonstration of the 3GPP specified performance conditions with channel impairments on the new platform
- Implementation, optimization and testing of all signal processing intensive receiver algorithms including RAKE, RACH preamble detection, Path Searcher, Synchronization (Timing & Frequency Synchronization Loops), Channel Estimation, Maximal Ratio Combining (MRC), Root Raise Cosine (RRC) Filters, Interpolation and benchmarking their performance
- Testing and validation of the standalone physical layer without the overhead of higher layer
Aricent helped the customer to create a high quality product that exceeded the mandated performance requirements. Aricent's combination of deep technology and domain expertise together with the use of mature best practices provided for the timely deployment of a high performance and cost-effective product ahead of schedule.
In addition, Aricent's UMTS/HSPA NodeB PHY framework enabled the necessary validation and testing of the product. Aricent's proven expertise in UMTS/HSPA development and product lifecycle services like porting, optimization, and DSP platform and infrastructure development facilitated the accelerated validation of real life scenarios.