Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs) face significant challenges as they strive to keep pace with exponential growth. Pre-launch, they set their sights squarely on negotiating the right contract with mobile network operators (MNOs), figuring out engagement models with retailers and vendors, while aggressively marketing the right messages to the target subscriber base. Very often, MVNOs get around to planning out their IT systems just as they approach the launch date. The accelerated time-to-market window squeezes out the equally important factor: time-to-revenue.
To successfully launch as per schedule, IT solutions with an emphasis on Business Support Systems are put together with minimal, “as-needed” strategy. Post-launch, the IT department is constantly trying to address the challenges of significant revenue leakage, which for the MVNO industry averages 5-15%. The primary factors behind leakage are: poor management of CDRs, lack of visibility into the revenue chain, and inaccurate rating and mediation. The rollup effect of this poor revenue management results in lack of ability to scale, which negatively impacts profitability, business continuity, and customer loyalty.
Aricent’s Revenue Management solution for MVNOs has been implemented successfully at a leading European client. Download Case Study
MVNOs looking to offer next-generation services or increase margins must adopt more than just a selling and marketing face to the "pipe". Reseller MVNOs will need to eventually evolve to full MVNOs, managing their own service fulfillment and delivery components in addition to BSS systems. Our whitepaper talks about how MVNOs can look to move up the value chain and bolster margins. Download Whitepaper
Aricent offers MVNOs a sophisticated, scalable, and proven solution that can go live in just eight weeks. The short time-to-implementation addresses the one critical success factor: accelerated time-to-revenue. Our Revenue Management solution emulates the complete revenue chain (call to bill), and provides the MVNO complete visibility and control on their business transactions with partners. The solution includes a pre-integrated, customized IT stack and delivery platforms that offer modular, end-to-end, convergent and real time provisioning solutions specially designed to meet the requirements of the MVNOs. The solution components include systems and processes for Convergent Mediation, Rating, Revenue Assurance, and Reporting.
Our solution offers -
- Best-in-class systems integration provides efficiencies through process automation, best-in-class products, and your own systems.
- Effective mediation, rating, and assurance including collection, validation, aggregation, correlation of CDRs provides optimal solution.
- Visibility across the entire supply chain enables accurate rating while providing the ability to track revenues across the entire supply chain (data, m-commerce, multimedia, location-based, etc.).
The Aricent solution delivers several benefits to MVNOs, including:
- Reduce revenue leakage and gain significant efficiencies in revenue management through real-time visibility into transactions and enabling flow-through information between systems.
- Lower operational expenses, faster time-to-revenue, and providing opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling services and plans.