Upgrading our aging energy infrastructure, and changing consumer behavior and lifestyles requires innovation and transformation on a level not seen since the first wave of electrification over a hundred years ago. This next wave of innovation in the energy sector will be digital.
From smart grid and smart metering to smart homes, this innovation will require a deep understanding of software development and communications technology to build smart services and applications, and a user experience that can drive behavioral change. It is about creating connected energy environments.
Aricent is a global provider of innovation services for the smart energy sector. From the smart grid to smart home, we help leading players build and operate next generation communication networks and applications, and drive customer engagement through differentiated services and superior user experiences. Aricent has expertise in development of both the smart meter communication module as well as the AMI communication network infrastructure.
In this complimentary report, we look at some of the recent forecasts and predictions for the home energy market and provide and directions on how to avoid certain pitfalls and be successful in the HEM market. Download Report
Solutions across the Smart Energy ecosystem
Aricent’s smart energy practice offers end-to-end solutions across the smart energy ecosystem from smart meters to operational and billing systems. We provide a host of services from consulting to new product development and product re-engineering to end-to-end testing and maintenance in the following areas:
- Smart Metering
- Demand Response
- Home Energy Management
- Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI)
- Distributed Automation Systems
- Building Automation Systems
Communications and Networking
- Development of Field Area and Home Area communications networks for smart metering and smart grid, using RF mesh, PLC, GPRS/3G, WiFi and 4G/LTE
- Systems Integration services, enabling a tight integration between new service platforms like MDM with core OSS/BSS systems and CRM systems
- Managed testing and verification services for network software and connected devices like smart meters and home gateways
- Firmware development for chipsets, gateways, modems and other connected devices
- Software development for smart meters and other Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI)
- Meter Data Management platforms and applications
- Real-time analytics
- Demand-side applications including Automated Demand Response
- Home Energy Management
- Remote management, Home Security and Home Automation
- Electric Vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure
Customer Engagement and User Experience
- Customer Insight - understanding emerging and latent energy needs, and translating these into actionable design, technology, and strategy recommendations
- Customer engagement – creating impactful programs for behavioral change (Smart Grid Consumer Collaborative)
- Service development – using best-practice innovation methodologies we help clients rapidly develop, prototype and validate new service concepts
- User Experience design – creating highly successful and award-winning designs across both physical and digital platforms from web, mobile, tablets, TV to IHDs and EV charging infrastructure
Developing a Home Energy Management System for a leading Tier-1 OEM
Aricent worked with a leading Tier-1 manufacturer of HEM systems as an end-to-end system integrator on the UX design, embedded architecture, and ODM management to provide a production-ready and field-tested solution. Our solution helped the customer accelerate time-to-market while optimizing development expenses.
Aricent has a comprehensive portfolio of pre-packaged and pre-optimized software frameworks available across leading platforms from Texas Instruments and Freescale that help customers build high quality products while accelerating time to market. Learn more