Business Process and Systems Innovation
Service providers continually have to adapt to changing business and technology climates. LTE, new service launches (such as m2m), customer experience management, mergers and acquisitions, and the follow-me nature of mobile applications are some of the compelling reasons that carriers have been working with Aricent to transform their processes and systems. Aricent’s exclusive focus and strong legacy in telecom- from networks to user applications - makes us the perfect partner in telecom innovation and transformation initiatives.
Aricent combines a broad range of management consulting capabilities, experience and innovative business solutions through its Business Process and Systems Innovation (BPSI) practice. We address some of communication service providers’ biggest challenges pertaining to operational efficiency, customer experience, technology complexity and rapid innovation.Examples of the impact achieved by our BPSI team are-
- For a European tier 1 carrier: $35M through consolidation of customer management interfaces
- For a US tier 1 carrier: 23% reduction in service assurance costs through systems rationalization
- For a tier 1 US carrier: 15% OpEx reduction through CRM and sales process optimization
- For a US tier 1 mobile carrier: 40% reduction in cycle time of getting new products to market
* all numbers are estimations
Aricent offers an end-to-end strategic and tactical consulting service with a focus on achieving the desired business goal. A strong methodology, research capabilities, and a trained resource pool underscore the recommendations on systems decommissioning, architecture transformation, and process streamlining.
Aricent BPSI practice helps service providers navigate challenges quickly and more profitably by addressing the four most critical points of transformation, as illustrated below –
Aricent's BPSI Practice
Business Process Optimization
- ROI driven business process re-design
- Cycle time and OpEX reduction
- Benchmarking and gaps assessment
- Analysis using DART™ methodology
- Leveraging cutting edge BPM tools
- Cycle time reduction
- Process optimization driving organizational redesign and rationalization
- B/OSS systems consolidation roadmap
- Rationalized features to reduce complexity
- TCO assessment/reduction
- Migration strategy from legacy environments
Technology Selection & Assessment
- Technology alternatives evaluation
- Vendor selection management
- RFI & RFP preparation and management
Aricent uses its tried and tested DART (Discovery, Analysis, Recommendation, and Transformation) methodology to deliver measurable business results and differentiated value in the telecommunications industry. Our DART approach consists of four key phases:
Existing KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and/or metrics are gathered, normalized, and validated. This information forms the basis for developing a prioritized set of drivers, constraints, short-term issues, and long-term issues facing the organization. Aricent focuses on establishing the constraints - a critical enabler to generate achievable recommendations.
This phase involves building on the data from the Discovery phase, bringing to bear industry standards and reference frameworks (e.g. TMF Frameworx, ITIL, and TOGAF), and industry best practices. The result is a reference conceptual business process and systems architecture framework against which solutions and options are evaluated.
Recommendations are then made for systems and process changes to mitigate gaps and/or capitalize on opportunities based on the prioritized set of business/systems drivers and constraints. In most cases, the recommendations are organized into a roadmap of actionable suggestions which would be the basis for developing detailed business cases and programs.
At this phase of the engagement, we look at the findings and analysis from previous phases and create business cases and/or actionable initiatives. At the client’s option, this phase of the engagement can continue to develop a program with appropriate governance and project management structures to guide internal organizations and/or external vendors.
Aricent’s extensive background in the telecom industry enables our BPSI practice to deliver an accelerated blueprint for innovation and transformation. Through its clear focus on delivering the desired business outcome, the team has enabled:
- Reduction in CapEx and OpEx through re-alignment of processes to business objectives
- Increased efficiency and productivity through systems consolidation
- Rapid introduction of new services through organizational transformation and process optimization
- Improved customer experience by introducing customer-centricity in systems and processes