The OpenFlow specification is defined to simplify and cost-optimize network switch equipment by moving complexity and intelligence to a controller. An OpenFlow switch consists of one or more flow tables and a group table, which perform packet lookups and forwarding. The OpenFlow switch also includes an OpenFlow channel to an external controller. The controller manages the switch via the OpenFlow protocol and can add, update, and delete flow entries, both reactively (in response to packets) and proactively.
Aricent’s OpenFlow client is a portable implementation of the OpenFlow client functionality.
We offer robust software frameworks and a comprehensive set of product lifecycle services based on strong domain expertise to help our customers bring innovative OpenFlow and SDN solutions to market. Download Solution Brief
- Implements support for:
- Management by multiple controllers
- Provisioning of primary and backup controllers
- TCP or SSL connections with controllers for plain or secure message exchanges
- Proactive and reactive flow setup
- Different port types – OpenFlow ports, standard ports, physical ports, logical ports, reserved ports
- Capability to execute multiple instances of the protocol to support multiple virtual switch contexts
- Multi-board systems, such as,modular chassis based switches
- Warm/hitless restart
- Configuration and management through different schemes such as SNMP and CLI
- Notifications through traps
- Asynchronously updating the hardware/datapath
- Supports the following OpenFlow message types:
- Controller-to-switch messages for switch operationalcontrol – Handshake, Switch Configuration, Flow Table Configuration, Modify State, Read State, Queue Configuration, Packet-Out, Barrier, Role Request
- Asynchronous messages – Packet-In, Flow Removed, Port Status, Error
- Symmetric messages – Hello, Echo Request, Echo Reply, Experimenter
- Provides a comprehensive set of MIB objects for management through SNMP
- Provides generic APIs for easy integration with related software modules from other sources
- Allows the administrator to enable/disable the feature at runtime
- Can be used in hybrid or pure OpenFlow switches
- Conforms to Aricent’s Flexible Software Architecture for Portability (FSAP) framework, for portable code
Accelerated Time to Market
Our OpenFlow client software significantly reduces product development and integration timelines, thereby helping original equipment manufacturers and value added resellers accelerate the time to market of the products in which they wish to incorporate the OpenFlow client functionality.
|OpenFlow Client||OpenFlow Switch Specification v.1.3.0|
- Source code written in C
- Porting process document
Our OpenFlow client software is offered with a source code usage license on a specified platform, with unlimited object code distribution.