SS7 Protocol Stack
Aricent Signaling System 7 (SS7) software is an industry-proven protocol stack for building telecom network components as well as SS7 based applications. It is the result of comprehensive domain expertise in across many years the development of communications infrastructure products for clients worldwide. Our SS7 software protocol stack is ideal for use in narrowband, broadband and next-generation IP networks. By using the Aricent SS7 protocol stacks, Telecom Equipment Manufacturers (TEMs) can avoid the overhead of protocol stack development, maintenance and support, hence reducing costs and cutting risks.
The SS7 protocol stack has been successfully integrated into a range of products:
- 3G Nodes (UMTS) - RNC, SGSN, HLR
- Voice over Packet - gateways and softswitches
- Interworking products (e.g. SS7-ISDN interworking)
- Intelligent peripherals, service node, SCP
- Test and measurement tools (protocol testers)
- Monitoring tools
- Wireline trunk switches
The protocol stack offering includes all standards-based layers, which can be offered as individual layers or as an integrated protocol stack. The stack can also support hybrid stacks (ANSI TCAP over ITU SCCP/MTP) as well as reverse hybrid stacks (ITU TCAP over ANSI SCCP/MTP). The SS7 protocol stack is also available with value-added features such as high-availability, manageability and performance levels, making it suitable for carrier-grade deployments.
Our MTP2 has been ported on various cards, chipsets and platforms such as Performance Technologies, Adax, AT&T Spyder T7115A, Motorola 860, 8260, 8266, etc. Aricent also offers customized development for other target cards/chipsets.
Aricent's SS7 protocol stack has built-in hooks for supporting various redundant architectures. In addition to these hooks, Aricent also provides an independent Redundancy Manager that can be used to build fault-tolerant SS7 solutions.
The MTP3, SCCP, TCAP and ISUP layers of the Aricent SS7 protocol stack are also available in a distributed version that can be used for implementing distributed, load-sharing and reliable architectures.
Each layer of the SS7 architecture conforms to the applicable ITU-T, ETSI, ANSI and Bellcore standards:
- Supports various national and international variants
- Supports hybrid and reverse hybrid stack configurations
- Portable across operating systems and hardware platforms
- Extensive support for redundancy, debugging, statistics and layer management functionality
- Well-defined and documented interfaces to the stack (APIs)
- The stack has been analyzed by Telcordia (ANSI and GR variants)
- Distributed version available for all SS7 layers
- Supports error and alarm reporting
To facilitate migrations to next-generation IP networks, Aricent also provides pre-integrated “SS7 over SIGTRAN” frameworks including the following configurations:
- SCCP over M3UA/SCTP
- TCAP, SCCP over M3UA/SCTP
- TCAP over SUA/SCTP
- ISUP over M3UA/SCTP
- JAIN APIs for the TCAP layer of the Aricent SS7 protocol stack are available, enabling application developers to rapidly develop next-generation telecom products and services on the Java platform.
- SS7 and MAP pre-integrated solutions (source and binary) with hardware signaling cards are available for application developers enabling them to deliver high value, differentiated applications to their subscribers quickly, reliably and at significantly reduced costs.
Narrowband SS7 Standards
- TCAP: ITUT Q.771-Q.774, ETSI ETS 300 134, ETS 300 287, ANSI T1.114, Bellcore GR 246
- SCCP: ITUT Q.711-Q.714, ETSI ETS 300 009, ANSI T1.112, Bellcore GR 246
- ISUP: ITUT Q.761-764, ETSI 300 356-1 to 19, ANSI T1.113, Bellcore GR 246
- MTP3: ITUT Q.704 and Q.707, ETSI 300 008-300 008-1, ANSI T1.111.4, Bellcore GR 246, GR 82
- MTP2: Q.703, ETSI 300 008-300 008-1, ANSI T1.111.3, Bellcore GR 246, GR 82
Broadband SS7 Standards
- B-ISUP: ITUT Q.2761-Q.2764
- MTP-3b: ITUT Q.2210
- SAAL: ITUT Q.2140, Q.2100, 2110, Q.2130
- Japanese (JTTC)
- British Telecom
- Austrian (OFEG)
- International ISUP
- Indian (All Layers)
- Custom variants can be built within 4-6 weeks.
Aricent SS7 protocol stack provides proven connectivity with all Major TEM switches such as:
- Alcatel S-12
- Ericsson AXE
- Lucent 5ESS
- NEC Sigma
- Nortel DMS 100
- Siemens D900/1800/1900
- Nokia DX 200 i-series
- Italtel Linea