Palo Alto, Calif., June 16, 2009 - Aricent™, a global innovation, technology and services company focused exclusively on communications, today announced record revenue for its fiscal year ended March 31, 2009, capping a challenging year filled with a number of significant company milestones and achievements.
"While the global economic conditions over the past year were quite challenging, I am extremely proud of our team and our performance as a company," said Sudip Nandy, chief executive officer of Aricent. "Not only did we achieve the highest revenue in the history of the company, we are seeing increased customer awareness of and preference for our unique combination of innovation, products, and services. Our industry continues to undergo unprecedented change, and we are thrilled to be deeply engaged with our customers as they shape the future of communications.”
Aricent achieved record business results in its fiscal year ending March 31, 2009. Highlights include:
- Exceeded $460 million in revenue, the highest annual revenue in the company's history;
- Launched the award-winning Celltop, a mobile client framework that enables the delivery of next-generation content, commerce and communication services;
- Received additional strategic funding from KKR and The Family Office;
- Appointed ex-Wipro executive Sudip Nandy as CEO;
- Announced ex-Accenture CEO Joe Forehand as Chairman of the Board;
- Released new products for Long Term Evolution (LTE), Home Gateways and Metro Ethernet;
- Announced several new customers, including Sprint, Sony Ericsson, and TDC;
- Selected to multiple top business lists, including Global Services Magazine’s selection of Aricent as a Top 100 Global Services Company.
James H. Greene Jr., member of KKR added, "The past year was a tremendous test for businesses globally. Aricent’s performance during this period is further validation of the strength of the company’s vision, and more importantly, clear evidence of the value customers perceive in the company’s solutions and services."
Aricent is a global innovation, technology and services company focused exclusively on communications. Aricent combines the leading innovation capabilities of frog design with unparalleled domain expertise in communications as a strategic supplier to the world's foremost infrastructure, application and service providers. The company’s investors include Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., Sequoia Capital, The Family Office and Flextronics International Ltd. For more information, visit http://www.aricent.com.
Aricent is a trademark of Aricent Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.