Building for the future. The popularity of smart devices and innovations such as the Internet of Things (IoT) that leverage machine-to-machine communication have created a huge demand for high-bandwidth across the globe. Conventional technologies such as 3G are incapable of addressing this demand so an all-IP technology, LTE, was developed to satisfy the huge surge in demand for bandwidth. LTE delivers benefits such as robustness, extremely high data rates, highly efficient utilization of spectrum and low latency. LTE can also leverage the latest innovations in telecommunication technologies to deliver the required bandwidth—including Self Organizing Networks (SON), Radio Resource Management (RRM), Heterogeneous Networks, Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV).
Aricent, a pioneer and leader in LTE software, engages with leading Communication Equipment Providers (CEPs) across the globe and provides an end-to-end LTE solution that includes software solutions for eNodeB, EPC, SON, VoLTE and an all-IP backhaul. Aricent is uniquely positioned to help CEPs develop cutting-edge products quickly and cost-effectively by leveraging not only its best-in-class software offerings, but also comprehensive services offerings for telecommunications-including consulting, development, integration, testing, support and maintenance for wireless engineering and telecommunications infrastructure.
Our LTE eNodeB reference framework includes complete Layer 2 and Layer 3 functionalities, including:
- Innovative modules for RRM, SON and Operations and Management (OAM)
- Supports both Time Division Duplexing (TDD) and Frequency Division Duplexing (FDD) modes of operations
- Highly scalable and can be used for eNodeB of all form factors including small cells, pico cells, micro cells and macro cells
- Integrated and optimized on high-performance hardware platforms from global leaders such as Texas Instruments (TI), Intel, Freescale, Broadcom and Octasic
- Dual mode femtocell software framework that can simultaneously support WCDMA and LTE
Evolved Packet Core (EPC)
- High-capacity EPC software framework for building high-capacity, carrier grade OEM (MME/SGW/PGW/HSS/PCRF) solutions for million+ subscriber sessions
- Independent control plane function exposing well-defined interfaces for integration with third-party data planes, high-availability frameworks and the customer’s management plane
- EPC Lite framework, a complete white-label-ready software solution for 10–200K subscriber sessions with well-defined interfaces for easy integration
- EPC cloud software solution framework supports multi-tenancy, dynamic resource assignment and interface to SDN-based routers, and can be executed on virtualized hardware
- EPC cloud lets you realize major CAPEX savings through consolidation of network infrastructure and reduces OPEX expenditure through centralized support staff, use of high-performance hardware and easy feature enhancements
Voice Over LTE (VoLTE)
Our VoLTE platform is available on all leading Android smartphones and is compliant to the GSMA IR92 standard. It manages the LTE network for optimal Quality of Service (QoS) usage to ensure high quality for both voice and video, and includes services extendible to support RCS applications. Its key modules include multimedia codecs, and it has been deployed and tested in both IMS and SIP networks. This solution has also been integrated with our eNodeB and EPC frameworks.
Aricent’s VoLTE Server supports collapsed Call Session Control Function (CSCF), enables high performance and is compliant to the GSMA IR92 standard. It interfaces with external I-CSCF and P-CSCF servers for roaming subscribers and with external IMS network for calls to subscribers outside the network, and can run on virtualized hardware for IMS server in a cloud.
Self Organizing Networks (SON)
Aricent’s centralized SON offering, known as Universal SON or Uni-SON, provides multi-RAT (GSM, UMTS and LTE), multi-form factor and multi-vendor compatibility to leverage the benefits of SON for all radio technologies.
Our distributed SON for LTE provides a comprehensive list of LTE SON functions that comes packaged as part of the best-in-class ARICENT eNodeB software framework. It also enables complete SON functionality for automation and optimization across various parameters to streamline deployment and maintenance of LTE networks.
LTE Test Enablers
eNodeB Automation Framework(eNBAF)
eNBAF is a test automation framework designed to test LTE eNodeB. It is an execution controller which controls and monitors different test tools and real equipment (user equipment, spectrum analyzers, and more) to enable end-to-end scenario testing of eNodeB. It is suitable for system feature testing, as well as load and performance testing, and allows users to create end-to-end scenarios by dragging and dropping pre-defined test steps, which are delivered with the base framework for pre-integrated test tools or equipment.
A combined UE and eNB simulator which can simulate up to 2000 eNBs and 100K subscribers while running on a generic COTS hardware. The simulator can be used for system feature testing, load/soak, performance and interoperability testing of EPC solutions. Coupled with our EPC offering, the simulator can be used to create an end-to-end LTE setup which can be used for testing of monitoring solutions such as HeNBGW/SecGW.
We also provide comprehensive product engineering services including consulting, development, integration, testing and support for wireless and wireline infrastructure.