HEVC and Other Multimedia Codecs
Best-in-Class Solutions for Complex Challenges
Smart devices like cell phones, tablets and consumer appliances — combined with a seemingly unlimited variety of new applications — are sending the demand for enhanced multimedia experiences through the roof. The biggest challenge faced by companies is the need to exploit available hardware capabilities to the fullest and also reduce the time-to-market cycles.
Aricent helps clients address these challenges by providing pre-packaged multimedia CODECs (coders and decoders) that enable accelerated launch of differentiated products. We provide an extensive portfolio of highly optimized, best-in-class audio and speech codecs which can be used for a wide range of applications, such as mobile devices, automotive, home automation, consumer electronics and infrastructure.
High Efficiency Video Codec (HEVC) / H.265 Decoder
High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) or H.265 is the latest video compression standard which provides 50% better compression efficiency than H.264. Key applications of this technology include in-vehicle infotainment, in-flight entertainment, mobile devices, surveillance, video conferencing & communication solutions and video streaming. It enables Ultra High Definition (UHD) content and higher frame rates and reduces delivery cost and improves quality.
We offer highly optimized HEVC software with the following features and benefits:
- Platform agnostic and can be deployed on various operating systems such as Android, iOS, Linux and Windows Phone on both ARM and Intel based platforms
- Supports HD and UHD
- Highly optimized to achieve peak performance on various SoCs like Qualcomm Snapdragon, Samsung Exynos, Apple A6 and other next generation chipsets
- Supports GPGPU offloading for better battery life
- Enables multi-screen support for varying resolution of consumer devices
- Dynamic load balancing for multi-core and GPU acceleration
- Enables acceleration to handle toolset and bit-rate variations
Video and Image Codecs
Audio and Speech Codecs
Our solutions address the needs of semiconductor companies, handset ODM/OEMs and ISVs who are constantly looking for next-generation codecs that are best suited to their specific applications. Our codec implementations are platform agnostic and can be compiled for any target OS such as Android, Linux, Windows Phone, or iOS, and other proprietary platforms. These codecs are highly optimized to achieve peak performance on various target architectures—including ARM, Qualcomm, Broadcom, TI, Intel, Tensilica and many more.
Digital Audio Processing: Supports Audio codec for recording, playback, streaming, broadcasting applications
Key Application Areas
- Mobile and Handheld devices: Smartphones, feature-phones, tablets, phablets, audiobooks, bluetooth devices and more
- Automotive: Software codecs for in-car infotainment systems
- Consumer Electronics: Set-top boxes, OTT boxes, Smart TVs, connected DVD players, camcorders, etc
- Infrastructure: Media servers, cloud-based content management solutions, conferencing solutions and archiving solutions
- Home Automation: Enabling transcoding solutions in residential gateways to complement streaming and DLNA connectivity
Key Features and Benefits
- A comprehensive portfolio of codecs that support both next-generation and legacy codecs
- Optimized for performance and deployment on leading architectures including ARM and Intel
- Supports most of the common container formats
- Supports the latest codec formats required on mobile handsets
- An industry-proven solution — more than 500 million devices run on Aricent software
Our portfolio of multimedia codecs includes HEVC, video & image codecs and Audio & speech codecs. These codecs have been optimized on many leading platforms and have been extensively tested for interoperability. We help clients accelerate launch of highly innovative products by leveraging these codecs and our comprehensive engineering services.